What is a physical termite barrier?
A Physical Termite Barrier is installed as a termite and moisture barrier under or around the perimeter of the slab and around pipe penetrations.
The barrier prevents subterranean termites from entering your property.
A physical termite barrier offers long-lasting protection for your property, without the need to continually top it up with additional chemicals.
Pest Control Today has 2 options for physical termite barriers, HomeGuard and term-Seal.
Information about these products:
Our termite protection methods are in accordance to Australian Standard AS 3660.1 – 2000 Termite Management New Building Work & AS 3660.2 – 2000 Termite Management in and Around Existing Buildings.
“The HomeGuard Precision Termite Management System is a range of building products that are homogenously impregnated with Bifenthrin, a leading termiticide.
The sheeting products are a patented single layer, extruded polymer that provides termite protection for the design life of the building when installed according to the label.
The HomeGuard Precision Termite Management System combines the benefits of both physical and chemical protection to deter termites from gaining concealed access to a building.”
What are the benefits of using HomeGuard?
- Effective – Scientifically proven to block, repel and kill subterranean termites
- Proven – Registered with the APVMA, BCA and the SGBC.
- Convenient – Easy to install during construction, keeping the building on time and on budget.
- Flexible – A ‘one stop’ range of products that can be adapted to suit all structural situations.
- Enduring – Designed to last for the design life of the building or 50 years, whichever is first.
- Eco-Friendly Non-scheduled, non-hazardous, non-toxic and non-invasive so it’s safe for on-site workers and occupants alike
“TERM-seal Termite Management Systems provide superior protection against Termites, and moisture protection.
Bifenthrin is an active control agent which repels and kills Termites but is safe for humans, animals and the environment when installed.
Our unique patented technology incorporates this control agent in the manufacturing process of our products, which results in products with all the benefits of chemical protection without any residual, environmental or dermatological impact.
Our products have been rigorously tested by independent Australian bodies, are CodeMark certified, comply with all Australian state and territory standards, are APVMA registered and have been awarded the future friendly stamp under Cert-Mark certification.”
What are the benefits of using Term-seal?
- Integration and flexibility for all construction methods
- Combined Termite / moisture protection
- One installation, no COSTLY re-treatments
- Complies with standard AS3660.1.2000
- Fully compliant with standard A.S./N.Z.S.4347.6 Damp-Coursing
- CodeMark Certified & APVMA registered
- No chemical residue: safe for your employees, your client and the environment
- Australian owned, designed and manufactured
- Installed nationally by trained accredited installers
We would love to find out more on how we may be able to help you.